Founded in 2014, our mission is to provide an opportunity for people in all departments and from all backgrounds the chance to learn about, and play with, technology. We do this by organising talks, workshops and facilitating hackathons (invention marathons).
Hacksmiths is committed to making all projects as inclusive as possible. While we look at many spectrums for this (gender, age, socio-economic circumstance), we are particularly interested in how we can engage students (and faculty) outside of Computing. Our hope is that this will not only increase interdisciplinary collaboration, but strengthen the Goldsmiths community overall.
"I always have a lot of fun at Hacksmiths events. Everyone is super inviting and welcoming and I learn loads every time."
- Non Binary in Tech 2017 highlights
- UKGovHack 2017 highlights
- Invented In... London BBC documentary (Anvil Hack III)
- Anvil Hack III highlights
- Global Game Jam 2017 highlights
- New Scientist article (Sex Tech Hack)
- Girl on the New article (Sex Tech Hack)
- Makery article (Sex Tech Hack)
- Sex Tech Hack highlights